Church of Saint-Pierre in Lavernière



Church of Saint-Pierre in Lavernière

First built in 1876, this is the second largest wooden church in North America. It was struck several times by lightning: first in 1900, then in 1945, 1947 and 1980. The wood used in its construction was retrieved from shipwrecks and had to be blessed before the building could be rebuilt. It is an important element of the Madelinot heritage.

    Back