The second of a three-contest series ended in the ending of the last week, unveiling the lucky ones that will be visiting the Îles de la Madeleine for the first time next year, courtesy of the contest "Crazy about the Nature of the Îles de la Madeleine".
The lucky winner of a one-week flavourful stay on the Îles de la Madeleine for two people (valid next summer) is Mr. Jocelyn Coté from Quebec. The winner will visit the archipelago for the very first time next year.
Mr. Coté wins the grand prize that is worth $3,200 and includes:
• A round trip in luxury coach departing from Québec with Autobus Les Sillons;
• A 2-night stay at the Auberge La Salicorne including the accommodation in a bubble-tent, the breakfasts and 4-course dinners, the activities scheduled for the day, the famous caves excursion and a visit of the Centre d'interprétation du phoque;
• An induction course including all equipment with the École de kitesurf Jasmin Bousquet;
• A 3-night stay at the Parc de Gros-Cap including the accommodation in a Saline and a sea kayak excursion;
• A rental car for the duration of the stay offered by Leblanc Location d'Autos;
• An amazing horse ride with the Centre équestre La Crinière au Vent;
• A snorkeling excursion at the Corps-Mort to swim with the seals offered by the Centre nautique de l'Istorlet;
• A scooter rental (either a single 49cc or a double 125cc) offered by the Agence de Location des Îles;
• A boat excursion to Entry Island with Excursions en Mer;
• A stunt kite induction course with the Boutique Au Gré du Vent.
Lasting from July 16th to August 31th, the contest "Crazy about the Nature of the Îles de la Madeleine" was mainly publicized through social media, Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine's newsletters, and promotional cards distributed to visitors. No less than 17,970 people took part in the contest, and 5,324 of them subscribed to Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine's newsletters for the first time, which is a great news for the promotion team.
Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine congratulates once again the winner, and thanks each and every one of the participants who made this contest such a great success. The team also wishes to point out the contribution of its members and their precious collaboration.
- 30 -
Marketing & Communications Assistant
Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine