The first of a three-contest series ended in the beginning of the week, unveiling the lucky ones that will be visiting the Îles de la Madeleine for the first time next year, courtesy of the contest "Crazy about the flavours of the Îles de la Madeleine".
The lucky winner of a one-week flavourful stay on the Îles de la Madeleine for two people (valid next spring) is Ms. Luce Robichaud from Valcourt. The winner and her husband Michel will visit the archipelago for the very first time next year.
Ms. Robichaud wins the grand prize that is worth $1,900 and includes:
• A 6 night and gourmet breakfast package at the Gîte chez Majo;
• A round trip for 2 people and a car on the Traversier CTMA;
• A variety of gourmet products for a picnic offered by Gourmande de Nature;
• A private tour with the goatherd and its young goats, as well as a bag filled with goodies from the Fromagerie Les Biquettes à l'air;
• A gift certificate for a meal at La Moulière;
• A table d'hôte offered by La Maisonnée des Îles;
• A VIP visit of the Fromagerie du Pied-de-Vent and its farm, as well as a gift pack;
• THE picnic box offered by LA Renaissance des Îles;
• A gourmet visit of the Verger Poméloi;
• A guided tour of the characters, teas and deserts, and a book "Bienvenue chez Arthure" at Le Flâneur;
• A gift box filled with various local food products at L'Étal shop;
• A gift certificate for a meal at the Restaurant La Patio;
• A gift certificate valid at the Decker Boy restaurant;
• A gift certificate valid at the Café de La Grave;
• A gift certificate valid at the Café d'chez nous;
• A gift certificate valid at the pub or the shop of the À l'abri de la Tempête microbrewery;
• A visit and a gift certificate valid at the Fumoir d'Antan;
• A gift certificate valid at the Grandma's Bakery and a visit of the CAMI's Historical Heritage Complex (Little Red School and the Veteran Museum);
• A gift certificate for the products offered by L'Arbre à Pains micro bakery.
Lasting from May 16th to July 3rd, the contest "Crazy about the flavours of the Îles de la Madeleine" was mainly promoted through social media, Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine's newsletters, and promotional cards distributed to visitors. No less than 16,199 people took part in the contest, and 3,572 of them subscribed to Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine's newsletters for the first time, which is a great news for the promotion team.
Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine congratulates once again the winner, and thanks each and every one of the participants who made this contest such a great success. The team also wishes to point out the contribution of its members and their precious collaboration.
- 30 -
Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine