The first Borgot lighthouse was built 1874, on Cape Hérissé, at Étang-du-Nord. It was a two-storey house in which the keeper and his family lived. The lantern emitting the luminous signals was installed on top of the house.
This first lighthouse underwent a restoration in 1913. It was demolished in 1967 and replaced by a metal tower. The tower was replaced by the present structure in 1987. It is also called lighthouse of Cape Hérissé. It is now the most recent of the five lighthouses still in operation on Les Îles. The architectural design of the Borgot lighthouse is clean and simple. Its structure forms a circular, monolithic tower made of a white plastic material.
The observation site around the tower has been developed for visitors.